MD Analytics, is seeking a talented senior market researcher to spearhead the development of our US business among biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and medical device manufacturers.
MD Analytics is passionate about transforming data into engaging insights. In support of this, we’ve developed a forward-thinking approach to doing business. Based out of Vancouver, BC we’ve established localized virtual teams across the country to support our clients’ needs, and are now looking to develop our first US-based virtual team.
We enjoy in-person team building activities in our local markets, such as hiking, sports, games, and other social activities, as well as virtual events like our popular “Fun Fridays” and “Virtual Coffee Breaks”. We also offer regular educational activities, and all employees have the opportunity to learn about the work of their colleagues and share their own successes in our company-wide virtual monthly meeting.
Our core values (Credible, Delivering High Quality Work, Flexible, Forward Thinking, and Hardworking) are at the heart of everything we do and our “shout-out” recognition program allows us to celebrate each other for exceptional examples of our values in action.
As a VP of Client Services, you will be accountable for developing and managing our US clientele and, as your business grows, a localized virtual team of market researchers to support you in the achievement of your revenue and profitability goals. In this role you will leverage our passion, industry expertise, resources, and your experience to adapt our offerings for the US market. You will be further supported by our internal field, data visualization, and senior management teams.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Seeks out and establishes partnership-like relationships with clients in the target market of biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and medical device manufacturers in the USA
- Proactively manages assigned revenue and profitability goals
- Leads and develops a virtual team of researchers in the Bay Area to support the business, focusing on the development of their skills and career progression
- Active involvement in research projects, working in partnership with team members to deliver high quality, insightful and visually appealing reports
- Formally presents results and recommendations to clients
- As a member of the senior management team, you will also participate in strategic planning sessions, and contribute to and support wider company initiatives
The Ideal Candidate: Requirements and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned market research professional that is highly regarded for their expertise in the health and pharmaceutical industry. They will have outstanding client management, research design, and report writing skills. Extremely driven to succeed, they are looking to take their career to the next level. Experience developing and managing a team would be an asset as they grow and develop our US business.
- 10+ years of experience in primary market research, including 5+ of those years servicing clients in the company’s target market
- Proven history of successfully developing and managing a large number of client accounts
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet tight timelines, while constantly focusing on maintaining high client satisfaction scores
- Willingness to regularly travel to meet with clients across the USA
- A university degree is required, a focus in marketing, health sciences, statistics or other relevant discipline is preferred.
- A good communicator, verbal and written, with strong English comprehension
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word with familiarity in SPSS, R or other equivalent statistical software packages
Compensation and Benefits:
As part of a high performing team, we offer a competitive compensation package. We also offer professional development as well as a flexible team environment that recognizes and rewards individual achievements.
This position is home-office based in the San-Francisco/Bay area.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.