Over the past two decades, MD Analytics has grown to be one of the largest and most respected health and pharmaceutical research agencies in Canada, being recognized for exceptional quality in visual story-based reporting and client services. We are currently seeking an Accounting & Admin Clerk.
The Opportunity – Accounting & Admin Clerk
As our Accounting & Admin Clerk, you will report to the Finance & Operations Manager. In this role, you will assist with a wide variety of tasks related to bookkeeping, administration, human resources, company culture, and event planning.
Flexibility is one of your core values, which means that you can adapt quickly to the changing needs of the company and are able to support your team members where needed. Meanwhile you pride yourself on delivering the highest quality work where accuracy is critical.
- Assist with the AP process and AR follow-up.
- Assist with month end and year end procedures including: monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, maintaining capital asset schedules, and bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly GST returns.
- Ad hoc assistant duties for our CEO
- Administering the employee benefits plan, group RRSP contributions, vacation tracking, staff birthday and anniversary notifications.
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees, including procurement of equipment and other supplies.
- Manage record retention and maintenance of customer contracts and compliance requirements.
- Assist with the planning and execution of company-wide social events, corporate culture initiatives, and professional development sessions.
- Assist the Finance & Operations Manger in compiling and coordinating content for monthly meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP would be an asset, but not required
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, primarily Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel (intermediate)
- Tech savvy with a high degree of comfort in using cloud-based productivity and communication tools, such as Monday.com, Slack, and Zoom
- High level of organization and task management skills, with the ability for proactive and timely communication
- Results-driven, action-oriented, and can work independently with minimal supervision
Compensation and Benefits:
- As part of a high performing team, we offer a competitive salary, health benefits, and RRSP matching
- Professional development through industry accredited organizations as well as a flexible team environment that recognizes and rewards individual achievements
- This position is home-office based. MD Analytics is a fully remote company with employees working from home across North America, however this specific role is only open to candidates living within the Greater Vancouver area
Starting salary based upon experience and qualifications. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.