MD Analytics is a leading international healthcare and pharmaceutical market research agency with a newly launched and rapidly growing U.S. division.
Over the past two decades, MD Analytics has grown to be one of the largest and most respected research agencies in Canada, being recognized for exceptional quality in reporting and client services. In 2020, the company announced its expansion into the U.S. market and is actively growing its U.S.-based research team.
To support this growth, we are seeking an experienced market researcher with a passion for healthcare, the ability to support and grow established accounts, and the skills to direct a rapidly growing team of remote researchers.
The Opportunity: Research Director (Permanent Remote Position)
As a Research Director, you will have primary responsibility for overseeing a set of key client accounts. You will work with senior company leadership to develop strategic approaches for maintaining and expanding business within these accounts to meet or exceed annual revenue targets. You will be responsible for strengthening client relationships, responding to requests for proposals with well thought out research designs, overseeing the execution of qualitative and quantitative research studies, and mentoring a team of junior research staff in a fully remote company environment.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of the U.S. team, this role will encourage and support career growth as the U.S. division continues its rapid development. Opportunities to collaborate with leadership on company strategy, participate in company initiatives outside your role, develop your own base of client relationships, and support a strong company culture will be encouraged and supported.
You should possess excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to manage multiple client relationships, the desire and passion to lead and develop junior team member. A robust understanding of market research methodologies, the healthcare industry, and pharmaceutical and/or medical device business practices will be essential for succeeding in this role.
Additionally, MD Analytics is a leader in remote work. Candidates for this position should be comfortable working full-time from home, be able to adequately managing competing priorities, and demonstrate a willingness to engage in a well-established remote work company culture.
Key Responsibilities: Client Management, Supervision of Research Studies
- Contributes to, and proactively manages revenue and margin goals for multiple assigned client accounts. Manages and fosters positive ongoing relationships with client contacts. Engages in strategic planning to expand these accounts. Leverages extensive knowledge of research design and market research methodologies to identify potential opportunities and develop proposals for existing clients.
- Actively oversees and supports a team of researchers in the execution of market research studies, ensuring the highest standards for client deliverables are met, while leveraging an understanding of market research, the client’s business, and the healthcare industry to add value and insights to final deliverables.
- Develops, manages, and mentors research staff. Understands direct reports’ growth aspirations and needs and is focused on their career development. Meets with each team member regularly one-on-one to discuss progress, achievements and provide feedback on areas of growth as well as on-going day-to-day mentoring.
- Supports senior leadership in company strategy and initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate: Requirements and Experience
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of experiencing working in market research on the supplier side
- Strong knowledge of quantitative methodologies and ability to counsel clients on optimal approaches
- Able to write proposals, design studies, develop questionnaires, and independently write insightful reports with business implications and recommendations
- Experienced in client management and presenting market research reports.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of quantitative research project work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical market and business issues is a definite asset.
- A high level of comfort or interest in initiating new contacts, pitching capabilities and developing business within existing accounts.
Compensation and Benefits
- As part of a high performing team, we offer a competitive salary with performance-based incentives, vacation and health benefits.
- Professional development through industry accredited organizations as well as a flexible team environment that recognizes and rewards individual achievements.