Senior Qualitative Researcher
Over the past two decades, MD Analytics has grown to be one of the largest and most respected health and pharmaceutical research agencies in Canada, being recognized for exceptional quality in reporting and client services.
To support the further expansion of our qualitative business we are seeking a senior researcher with qualitative expertise, ideally in the healthcare or pharmaceutical categories.
The Opportunity: Senior Qualitative Research Manager/Director based in the Greater Toronto or Montreal Area
We are seeking an accomplished and respected research consultant with proven experience in qualitative methodologies to address critical business objectives, with an unwavering customer-focused attitude who employs a consultative approach to solving strategic business issues.
Working with a team in Toronto, reporting to the VP of Client Services, you will be responsible for the management of qualitative projects throughout the project lifecycle, including proposal writing, research design, analysis, presenting results and making consultative recommendations. In this role you will also be accountable for managing an existing customer base and participating in capabilities presentations to new clients.
A preference will be given to candidates that are able to moderate in both English and French languages.
• Ownership of qualitative research among key accounts, including both new clients and nurturing existing relationships.
• Opportunity to work with a team of very experienced pharma market researchers.
• Provide guidance and feedback on qualitative research to other team members.
• Thrive in a collaborative, supportive company culture.
• Enjoy a flexible workplace with a permanent home office environment.
The Ideal Candidate: Requirements and Experience
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished qualitative researcher who is self-motivated and enjoys working with clients while employing a consultative approach to solving strategic business issues.
Specific experience includes:
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in market research on the supplier side with a focus on qualitative methodologies.
• Fully bi-lingual and able to moderate in both English and French a significant asset.
• Strong knowledge of qualitative methodologies and ability to counsel clients on optimal approaches.
• Experience conducting qualitative research in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Able to write proposals, design studies, develop discussion guides, and independently write insightful reports with business implications and recommendations.
• Experienced in client management and presenting market research reports.
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of qualitative research project work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A university degree in a related field.
Compensation and Benefits:
• As part of a high performing team, we offer a competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP matching. We also offer professional development through industry accredited organizations as well as a flexible team environment that recognizes and rewards individual achievements.
• Starting salary based upon experience and qualifications.
• This position is permanently home-office based. MD Analytics is a fully remote company with employees working from home across North America, however this specific role is only open to candidates living within the Greater Metropolitan areas of Toronto or Montreal.
Additional Screening Questions:
Do you have a minimum of five years experience working in market research on the supplier side with a focus on qualitative methodologies?