MD Analytics is a leading healthcare and pharmaceutical market research agency with a newly launched and rapidly growing U.S. division.
Over the past two decades, MD Analytics has grown to be one of the largest and most respected research agencies in Canada, being recognized for exceptional quality in reporting and client services. In 2020, the company announced its expansion into the U.S. market and is in the process of growing its U.S.-based research team. To support this growth, we are seeking an experienced market researcher with proven ability to support quantitative and qualitative market research studies in the healthcare or pharmaceutical categories.
The Opportunity: Research Manager
As a Research Manager, you will work with senior staff and internal resources to execute and deliver market research studies for clients. You will be involved in all aspects of study execution from proposal writing through reporting, ensuring study timelines are met and study deliverables align with MD Analytics’ quality standards.
Candidates should possess excellent organization and task management skills, with the ability to manage multiple client deliverables and projects simultaneously, while maintaining the highest quality standards and an unwavering customer-focused attitude.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of the U.S. team, this role will encourage and support your career growth as the U.S. division continues its rapid development. Opportunities to participate in company initiatives outside your role, grow your skills, support a strong company culture, and advance your career will be encouraged and supported.
MD Analytics is also a leader in remote work. The company transitioned all employees to fully remote positions in 2017. Candidates for this position should be comfortable working full-time from home while adequately managing potential distractions and be willing to engage in a well-established remote work company culture.
Key Responsibilities: Research Management, Development of Client Deliverables
- With minimal supervision, executes multiple healthcare market research projects, ensuring timely and quality development of client deliverables.
- Oversees and executes survey testing, develops analytics plans, tab plans, report plans, code frames, and manages adverse events reporting.
- Conducts coding, drafts reports, reviews questionnaires and discussion guides with critical thought and an understanding of the underlying client objectives and needs.
- Supports senior staff in proposal writing.
- Understands the U.S. healthcare market, including a basic understanding of pharmaceutical development and marketing, medical devices, payer structures, and provider functions and services.
The Ideal Candidate: Requirements and Experience
Minimum 3 years of experience in market research with hands on experience across all aspects of a typical market research study. Preference will be given to those with direct experience in conducting healthcare and pharmaceutical market research studies and those with quantitative and qualitative study experience.
- Post-secondary education in business and a research related field or demonstrated experience in conducting healthcare and pharmaceutical market research.
- High level of organization and task management skills, with the ability for proactive and timely communication.
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite, primarily Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Tech savvy with a high degree of comfort of using cloud-based productivity and communications tools, such as Monday.com, Slack, or Zoom.
- Results-driven, action-oriented, and can work independently with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
- As part of a high performing team, we offer a competitive salary, health benefits, vacation and paid leave, and 401k matching.
- Professional development through industry accredited organizations as well as a flexible team environment that recognizes and rewards individual achievements.
- High growth potential as part of a growing and expanding team.
- Fully remote, work from home position
Starting salary based upon experience and qualifications.